Featured Not resolved

I ordered a fruit bouquet for delivery to an out of town friend, who was in the hospital.I received a call on the promised delivery day saying they couldn't deliver that day and would deliver the next day.

The next day I got a call at 4:30 pm telling me that the couldn't make the delivery again. Eventually they admitted they couldn't make the bouquet. Needless to say I am furious. I will never use them again, they are incompetent and deceptive.

They had no problem taking the order and charging extra for same day delivery.

Then he the gall to call and tell me it would be delivered a day late.When they were not ever going to make the delivery

This person wrote the review because of "sold product they couldn't produce" of 1800flowers delivery service from 1800flowers and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $74 and wants 1800flowers to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was extremely poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by 1800flowers for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with 1800flowers?

Comments

#1207011

Hi, Charlotte, NC ..

Your kind gesture tells me your heart is in the right place. It's unfortunate, to say the least, that this heavily-promoted gift-delivery company efectively stopped the tacit message of love from reaching your friend. Your story repeats itself a thousand-fold daily, I'm sure you know.

At any rate, what I'd like to pass along to you--and I hope I'm not intruding here--is my suggestion that you never buy and send to anyone a manually prepared food like the "fruit bouquet" that's distributed by no less a company whose principal "product" comprises floral arrangements in water-filled vases.

The critical reason? The 1-800-FLOWERS chain is not a "food company," as we all know food companies to be.

You do not know who and how that fruit was handled/processed. It's surely attractive in eye-appeal, the "bouquet"; but what went on in the "kitchen" at 1-800-Flowers? Was that "kitchen" clean in all aspects? (I'm recalling my Army days here.) Was the fruit first carefully washed?

Were the preparers themselves properly gloved, hair-covered, masked while preparing your order? And I don't mean to get too "graphic" when say I don't have to tell you of the decreasing levels of sanitation on America's vegetable and fruit fields and farms, let alone on the fields of foreign countries sending their produce right into your neighborhood supermarket down in Charlotte . . .

and into the "kitchen" of your local...

Do you wash these strawberries before the "chocolate-dipping" process?" Now, I've always known that, among the many fruits you simply MUST wash before eating, the beautiful strawberry is at the top of the list. So from the outset, I felt I knew the Shari Berries company was not about to wash these millions, and then "dry" to some degree those millions before applying chocolate. By and by, a rep emailed me, that "someone will get back to me." No one ever did.

Best regards, Stan S.NYC