1800flowers - Didn't try to fill my order, but charged my card anyway incompetent and deceptive

I ordered a fruit bouquet for delivery to an out of town friend, who was in the hospital.I received a call on the promised delivery day saying they couldn't deliver that day and would deliver the next day.

The next day I got a call at 4:30 pm telling me that the couldn't make the delivery again. Eventually they admitted they couldn't make the bouquet. Needless to say I am furious. I will never use them again, they are incompetent and deceptive.

They had no problem taking the order and charging extra for same day delivery.

Then he the gall to call and tell me it would be delivered a day late.When they were not ever going to make the delivery

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Extremely poor customer service

Reason of review:
Sold product they couldn't produce
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
1800Flowers Fruit Bouquet
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #903241

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with 1800flowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 02 #1207011

Hi, Charlotte, NC . . .
Your kind gesture tells me your heart is in the right place. It's unfortunate, to say the least, that this heavily-promoted gift-delivery company efectively stopped the tacit message of love from reaching your friend. Your story repeats itself a thousand-fold daily, I'm sure you know.
At any rate, what I'd like to pass along to you--and I hope I'm not intruding here--is my suggestion that you never buy and send to anyone a manually prepared food like the "fruit bouquet" that's distributed by no less a company whose principal "product" comprises floral arrangements in water-filled vases.
The critical reason? The 1-800-FLOWERS chain is not a "food company," as we all know food companies to be.
You do not know who and how that fruit was handled/processed. It's surely attractive in eye-appeal, the "bouquet"; but what went on in the "kitchen" at 1-800-Flowers? Was that "kitchen" clean in all aspects? (I'm recalling my Army days here.) Was the fruit first carefully washed? Were the preparers themselves properly gloved, hair-covered, masked while preparing your order? And I don't mean to get too "graphic" when say I don't have to tell you of the decreasing levels of sanitation on America's vegetable and fruit fields and farms, let alone on the fields of foreign countries sending their produce right into your neighborhood supermarket down in Charlotte . . . and into the "kitchen" of your local 1-800-FLOWERS. Oh, one last gift-giving
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.