Update added by user Mar 01, 2013
Update added by user Mar 01, 2013
Original review posted by user Feb 28, 2013
:?I thought that I would give online flower shopping another chance because my first experience was really bad.
The first company was Proflowers and I had ordered a bamboo plant in the shape of a heart that came with fortune cookies and a panda bear. Everything else was fine with the order besides the plant which was dead. The bamboo was mushy and it had a really bad odor to it. I called Proflowers about the incident and asked if they could send out another one but they said "sorry," not out problem.
I even asked for a partial refund and they said "sorry." All they could do was to give a discount towards my next purchase. Yeah like I would ever order from them again.
My next incident was just recently with 1-800-FLOWERS. I made sure to get on and order in time before prices went up and to reserve my shipping so everything would be perfect.
I ordered on February 1, 2013 and the item was an Azalea Bonsai Tree. It cost about $103+ after taxes and shipping but it was guaranteed for the 14th of February. I was happy and had one thing knocked off my list to do. Well that day I thought it would be delivered before I got home and kept checking the UPS website.
I was thinking since it was the holidays that it was the reason why my package had not been updated at all. It did not even say it was shipped. I thought nothing of it until 7:00 p.m. that night...that is the latest UPS will ship and we were heading out to dinner also.
I tried calling 1-800 FLOWERS all day the next day over 7 times with no answer. Their automated machine kept hanging up on me. The bad thing is I talked to a real person after I ordered my plant for my wife and they said it would be shipped and at our door on the 14th of February. Now fast forward to the 20th and I finally get a hold of someone who said they cannot refund the money but would send them our right away.
I told them that now it kind of defeats the purpose. I got a partial refund finally and they did send out the bonsai tree but by the time I got it the rocks from the base were falling out of the packaging and the plant was dead and the leaves were falling out too! They said that they 2nd Air shipped the plant but it took over 10 days to get to me. This is to let everyone know to be weary with these promises that the company makes on how good their products can be.
Looks nothing like the pictures and my plant was dead. I would like to have at least the Juniper Bonsai as a replacement. I am very disappointed because I still paid $50.00 after the discount from them and still got a dead plant.
Thanks for nothing 1-800-FLOWERS for sending DEAD plants and DEAD flowers to people's loved ones!:cry
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Azalea Bonsai Plant
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "Odered flowers, candy for my mother for Mother's Day 2013. She text with pictures of the mess she was delivered. Flowers were not what was ordered and they..."
- "Been ordering with your company for a while and today has been a huge disappointment! My mother received her flowers and they were nothing like what I ordered. I called..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I was compelled to write this review after reading some of the truly bizarre negative comments about Buffalo Creek Farms in Lawrence, Kansas. When we began looking for a Persian kitten,..."
- "I purchased my GE glass-top stove in June of 2012 but didn't start using it as I was still renovating my home. Once I started cooking I noticed the seal..."
- "I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered anything from them. I have been trying for about a month just to get a return address to exchange..."